Bedbible Stats: How Many People Have Sex On The First Date?

In a recent survey, participants were asked if they had ever engaged in sexual activity on a first date before finding anything out about the person. The study was conducted over three weeks with 1,080 willing participants from the USA.

Here’s what was uncovered:

  • 35% say they've engaged in sexual activity on a first date.
  • More than 80% have engaged in or are open to having sex during a first date.
  • In comparison to men, women are half as likely to admit to having had sex on a first date.
  • When compared to their straight counterparts, gay men and women are twice as likely to engage in sexual activity on the first date.
  • On a first date, 72% of gay men report having had sex.
  • Only 16% of Asians report having sex on a first date, compared to 39% of Hispanics.
  • Divorcees are more likely to have had sex on a first date than unmarried singles.
  • More than 80% of participants have engaged in sexual activity.

Participants were asked if they have ever had sex on a first date or would consider having sex on a first date. 19.2% of respondents said they would never have sex on a first date, while 35.1% say they have. 45.7% say they would consider having sex on a first date. Overall, 80.8% have engaged in or are open to having sex during a first date.

IvyBlack
IvyBlack

Sexuality

  • 21% of straight women and 41% of straight men claim to have engaged in sexual activity on a first date.
  • Gay men report having sex on a first date in 72% of cases.
  • 53% of gay women report that they have had sex on a first date.

Participants were asked to provide information about their marital status in three categories, Single or Never Married, Married and Divorced

The data showed how many people have had sex on a first date. Turns out Divorcees are more likely than singles to have had sex on the first date.

Jennifer Wilde
Jennifer Wilde

Age Range

The older people get, the more frequently they report having had sex on a first date. I guess people just give less fucks as they get older, or more fucks, according to the data. Here are the stats of the different age groups who have admitted to having sex on a first date.

18 to 24: 22% 25 to 34: 39% 35 to 44: 39% 45 to 54: 39% 54 to 64: 34% 65 and older: 25%

Some rather interesting data there. It looks like the older generation aren’t as sexually liberal as the 25-54 year olds but maybe they just don’t want to admit it. The study found that over the past 100 years the average number of hookups in college have increased from 1 college hookup in 1910 to 9 by 2000. Erm, call me crazy but how the hell was this data collected? Like, did they find an old diary entry from a college student in 1910? Come on, guys. I’m all for stats but this seems bonkers.

Georgia Spice
Georgia Spice

Sex and income

This is a rather interesting one. If you look at the data, people earning under 25k are less likely to shag on the first date, whilst those in the 75k-99k bracket are most likely to put the moves on during a first date.

Under $25,000: 30% $25,000 to $49,999: 35% $50,000 to $74,999: 33% $75,000 to $99,999: 40% $100,000 to $124,999: 34% $125,000 or higher: 34%

Adelina
Adelina

The biggest question researchers wanted to ask was WHY? Why do people have sex on the first date? After examining the motives behind why people choose to put out on the first date, here is what they uncovered:

  • Pleasure! Many people just want the pleasurable experience from having sex.
  • Some people have sex in order to test the waters to see if there is chemistry and compatibility. If there isn’t, they get to find out before they waste anymore time.
  • It can help identify those who are only there for the sex since they will leave right after doing the deed. Respondents acknowledged that having sex on the first date gives them what they want, but on the other side, if they decide not to continue seeing you after that, you would know that the only point was to have sex.
  • Some people reported that they like to get that first time out of the way. They don’t like the awkwardness and pressure so they like to get it over with.

Surely that last reason defeats the whole point of sex. It’s meant to be fun, folks.

Refresh 🗙